Particles Plus instruments contain a rich set of external interfaces. The instruments have wired Ethernet, device USB and host USB interfaces. Optionally, Wi-Fi, RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces can be added.
Particles Plus External Interfaces allow the instrument to communicate simultaneously in a wide variety of applications:
- Local portable USB printer can print a variety of paper reports
- USB Memory stick can save or set up the instrument configuration
- USB Memory stick can be used to transfer recorded data
- Wired/wireless links to view the instrument on a web page (multiple concurrent user-sessions)
- Wired/wireless links to access the instrument remotely using Modbus
- Wired/wireless links to access the instrument using JSON
- Wired/wireless links to access the instrument using Internet-of-things protocols
- RS-232 interface to access the instrument using Modbus
- RS-485 interface to access the instrument using Modbus
Having all the above interfaces available (or easily upgraded) within an instrument, provides flexibility to integrate the instrument into multiple applications. All of the interfaces listed above can be active simultaneously, at full speed, while the instrument is in full operation.
- Modbus interfaces can be used by remote monitoring software to access the instrument data and configure the instrument
- Modbus interfaces are a superset of existing industry instrument formats and can be made to emulate other instrument manufacture’s register maps for compatibility
- Remote interfaces can be password protected
- All of the above interfaces can be active simultaneously at full speed